Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Gift to My Daughter's Teacher

This is actually not a digiscrapped masterpiece but just a collage with some simple embellishments on it. I saved this on CD and  had this craft printed and framed and gave as a Christmas gift to my daughter's preschool teacher. I put all of their pictures together since she was in Nursery until now that she's in Kinder. Next year, my daughter will go to a different school since the Day Care she's attending to for two years now no longer caters Preparatory level.

This gift made her teacher cried because she was one of her favorite students. And the thought of not having her in class next school year made her miss my daughter already.


Journalling:

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you displayed my first report, and I wanted to do another.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you fed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you gave me a sticker, and I knew that little things were special things.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you put your arm around me, and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn’t looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt--but that it’s all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you smiled, and it made me want to look that pretty too.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you cared, and I wanted to be everything I could be.

When you thought I wasn’t looking--I looked...and wanted to say thanks for all those things you did when you thought I wasn’t looking.

* * *
Thank you for being my techer, Ma'am Nhorie!
 I will miss you when I go to Prep! Luv Yah!

-Heleina Erin



2 comments:

  1. Hi, saw your blog on blogupp. I love this post, made me smile and want to cry at the same time. I can only imagine how her teacher must have felt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...