Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rendezvous Makes Electronica For Everyone-- A Requested Post:)


There’s something about Rendezvous’ music that makes you listen – and listen again. And again.
Personally, I am not a big fan of electronica but when I clicked on their music online, my ears were treated to fresh and relaxing notes with hints of lovely jazz. As I listened to their three free tracks on the net (No Man’s Land, So What, and Incognito, which features Summertime), I cannot help but feel slightly amazed. This is one-of-a-kind electronica I can listen to repeatedly, whether I am reading, writing, chilling in a café, or simply relaxing. And I have a feeling many people, whatever their preferences in music, will appreciate Rendezvous’ music too.

Rendezvous is actually a two-man band composed of Israelis Itai Simon and Hagai Izenberg, who indeed, had a fateful “rendezvous” at the Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music in Israel, where they studied music. From then on, these two played music together until one day, when they decided to produce an EP for fun, together with two other friends. Once they uploaded it to the net, their music generated a following. Surprisingly, they said that EP was “almost entirely improvised on the spot.”

And the rest, they say, is history. Indeed, that was a fateful rendezvous they had back at school.

Now, their debut album is on the final phase of production. I hear they will be releasing it this year. They better, as I heard their album is already five years in the making!



To their credit, though, a lot of effort and time has been put into that album. They worked with David Bascombe, the producer and mix engineer who did work for accomplished artists like Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Natalie Imbruglia and The Verve. And, they incorporated visuals in their music as well, through Israeli filmmaker Uzi Adam.

Their first album is going to be an audiovisual package with eight original tracks.

I wait in anticipation for their debut album, but in the meantime, I am satisfying myself with clips of their studio sessions while they are recording for their album, which can be found in their official Rendezvous YouTube channel.

Hopefully, the album will be just as amazing – or even more amazing – than their current tracks on the net. They have certainly created a different kind of electropop, one everyone seems to love.

If you’re looking for fresh and interesting music that is upbeat and at the same time relaxing, go listen to their tracks for free at Rendezvous’ official site. I sure was satisfied.

-- Carey Shawn --

Excess: I dunno but for some technical problems, I can't upload the MP3 Song for your listening pleasure.

Maying

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Listened to them and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited www.rendezvous.co.uk to listen to the songs. nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...